The goal of the project is to create and ensure active working of the Social Support Center “Ģertrūde” to organize activities for children and youth exposed to social exclusion and poverty and seniors.
The main target group of the project is children and youth exposed to social exclusion and poverty and seniors. The supportive target group is other children, youth and adults. Their involvement in the activities organized in the framework of the subproject are essential to encourage wholesome integration of the target group in the society by spending time, learning, doing voluntary work together with people not coming from risk groups.
The project will be implemented in the Social Support Center “Ģertrūde” in Ģertrūdes Street 8, Riga, Latvia as well as in at least 5 other cities and towns in the Regions of Latvia.
The main planned activities and planned measurable results of the project after creating the Social Support Center “Ģertrūde” are:
1) various youth activities, like:
- youth leisure time studio created providing possibilities for useful and safe leisure time spending;
- “Youth Fast Action Unit” created to organize 20 experience exchange trips to youth in 5 smaller cities in the regions of Latvia to help them start activities for youth in their hometowns;
- 3 Youth Alpha courses (~120 persons);
- 3 hiking trips;
- 2 youth camps.
2) feeding 100 persons per week in the framework of the “Thematical dinner” activity. Project results:
3) free lawyer, social worker and psychologist consultations for up to 18 persons per week;
4) activities for seniors in interest clubs, organizing quarterly exhibitions of their handicrafts and competitions in board games;
functional kitchen created to provide regular free meals to the poor.
Akadēmiskie pētījumiTarget group:
Bērni,Jaunieši,SenioriLegal status of Beneficiary:
80100.00 LVL Project number:
Riga Old Saint Gertrude's Evangelical Lutheran CongregationPartner(s):
Riga's social service agency; foundation "Ģertrudes fonds";
foundation "Campus fur Christus Schweiz"Start date of project:
01.01.2011.Project finish date:
30.06.2012.Place of implementation:
Riga (and additional activies in different regions, which will be specified in the project start stage)Legal address:
Ģertrūdes st. 8, Rīga, LV-1010Phone: