General aim of the subproject is the fortification of capacity of Jelgava Pensioner association, promoting the development of life-long learning in health maintenance for senior citizens, popularizing healthy lifestyle and active ageing, thus furthering prolific prolongation of the length of a lifetime.
Direct aim of the subproject is the formation and approbation of the model of Health university for senior citizens.
Target group of the project – Jelgava inhabitants of pre-pension and pension age.
The place of the implementation of the project – The city of Jelgava.
During the project there will be implemented the following main activities:
1. The administration of the subproject. There will be ensured the introduction of the subproject according to the planned activities, timetables and planned costs.
2. The formation and approbation of the model of Health University for senior citizens.
2.1. subactivity. The development of the programme of informal education.
There will be developed and approbated the model of Health university for senior citizens, within frameworks of which there is envisaged to work out informal education programme for the target group called „Health maintenance and prevention of illnesses for senior citizens‖.
2.2 subactivity. The approbation of the informal education programme „Health maintenance and prevention of illnesses for senior citizens” In theoretical seminars senior citizens will be informed about the importance of healthy lifestyle in order to maintain health. There will also be explained the questions of age phase physiology and psychology, as well as the changes in organ system connected with aging, how to accept it, how to help themselves without the help of medicine, thus saving their budget and reducing the number of visits to the doctor. They will be informed about the possibilities of holistic treatment in Latvia.
In practical lessons senior citizens will acquire practical and correct physical activities in doing exercise, Nordic walking, and swimming.
2.3. subactivity. Training of the volunteer- multiplicators. Nine multiplicators-volunteers will be trained for further work in senior-citizen health support groups.
2.4. subactivity. The development, publishing and distribution (500 units) of the reference book „Health ABC for Seniors citizens”.
3. Activity. Subproject publicity
In the end Zemgale regional conference will be organized introducing the results of the project, distributing the reference book „Health ABC for Senior-citizens‖, thus popularizing the achievements of the project to all senior-citizens in Zemgale.
- The development of the programme of informal education. „Health maintenance and prevention of illnesses for senior citizens‖
- The approbation of the programme of informal education ―Health maintenance and prevention of illnesses for senior citizens‖– for 120 senior citizens there will be implemented 60 academic hours theoretical lessons and 20 academic hours practical lessons.
- The training of nine multiplicators to work with senior audience thus providing the sustainability of the project.
- The establishment of three senior citizen groups to cultivate healthy habits.
- The preparation, publishing and distribution (500 units) of the reference book „Health ABC for Seniors-citizens‖.
- The ensuring of publicity of the project and the popularization of the experience. (Informative materials, the reference book, the conference).
It is planned to implement the Subproject in the period from February 1, 2011 till 30 November, 2011.